Saturday 18 August 2012

Job Interviews

Job interviews. Two words that can strike fear into most people, that feeling of nervousness and absolute dread when you have to answer questions such as "So tell me a bit about yourself" and "Tell me about a time you have provided exceptional customer service". These are the type of questions that may sound simple written down, but when asked in an interview your mind goes blank and you find you can't think of anything interesting to say.

Maybe it's just me. I just don't feel comfortable in these situations where there's no guarantee of the questions you'll be asked. And what about the interviewer? Will they be pleasant and friendly, or strict and professional?

After months of applying for various jobs, I finally found myself with a couple of interviews. That's right, I ended up with two in the same week. I was nervous, as I haven't had an interview for over three years! One of them was then rescheduled and they ended up on the same day just hours apart, which worked out well really as it meant they were both over and done with on the same day.

I'd like to think they both went well. I was nervous but not too bad and the questions weren't too difficult to answer (for once). I should hear back soon so I'll update with that at some point.

Have you ever had a really good/bad interview experience?

1 comment:

  1. Eurgh I haaaaaaaaate interviews so much, I'd rather be doing another exam or something! lol. I think what scares me is that I don't have time to think of my answers and just end up panicking! Hope your interviews went good! :)
    Saadiya x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I read every comment I receive and will respond to any questions as soon as I can :)