Thursday 15 November 2012

A Little Bit Lost


 “Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
one of my favourite Harry Potter quotes

This video was uploaded this evening by the lovely Carrie Fletcher (who you should all subscribe to, link is under the video) and it couldn't have come at a better time.

I've recently been finding it hard to remember what I want to do or where I want my life to go. I often feel like I have no direction or purpose and it scares me. A lot. At 23, I think that most people will have some idea of how they want to spend their life, whether it's what career they want to work in or where they want to live but sometimes it's just not that easy. When I look back on what I thought about when I went to college, I pictured myself in a full time job, living somewhere other than home and maybe even be in a relationship. So as none of this has happened yet, it makes me wonder whether I went wrong somewhere. If I'd put in a bit more effort here or saved more money there, would this have happened by now? Probably, but you can't turn back time or change what's already happened so I have to learn from those mistakes. I just want to start feeling like me again.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?  What helped you? How did you figure out what you wanted to do or where you wanted to go? What made you feel like YOU again? Leave me a comment or if you'd prefer to email, my address is purplekaytee@googlemail.com


Katie x

2 comments:

  1. I'm 25 now and I didn't move out until a couple of months ago.. and I still dunno what I want to do with my life! All I know right now is that I'm going to finish my university course and then I'm going to be a mother straight after. I have no idea what I want to do when my bambino gets a little older and I can go to work. I think anyone who's our age and know exactly what they're doing with their life is very lucky!

    http://bella-vita-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like this earlier this year. I am sure you will figure it out and it will all happen! You just need to spend some time figuring out what it is you want to do and then go out and get it!! I saw Carrie's video. Its such a nice one isn't it!
    Britney
    http://lemonwoodandhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I read every comment I receive and will respond to any questions as soon as I can :)