Tuesday 13 November 2012

Has it really been that long?

image from weheartit


So the last time I posted anything on here was August. It's now November. Where did those last three months go?!

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say I will be back soon. Life has certainly had it's ups and downs lately and I've just not had the motivation to blog. I'd rather take my time and post something which I have thought about rather than just rush something out just for the sake of keeping it active and consistent. 

A little about what I've been up to: I finally got a job, working as a Christmas temp at LUSH. It's so different from the retail jobs I've had before, sometimes a little too different but I'm slowly adjusting to it. I'd been unemployed for seven months prior to getting this job and it was starting to affect me a little bit. Having little to no money meant that I couldn't go out as much, so I spent a lot of time at home. Me being the huge over thinker that I am meant this wasn't as fun as it sounds. I started thinking about everything and over time this caused me to be withdrawn and quiet. I snapped at people a lot if they tried to talk to me and I found myself crying a lot for no reason. 

This all sounds a bit silly now I'm writing it down and it's hard to explain exactly how I felt but I know that I wasn't myself. Having a job now and being able to spend the day talking to people is starting to help, although everyone who works there is very confident and I've never had the highest amount of confidence so I sometimes find myself thinking about how I'll never be as good as them or people won't like me as much. This is something that needs to stop, I know this and I hope I can do it soon and enjoy work and just be me.

Enough about me, hope you're all well and like I said at the beginning normal blogging will resume soon! Thanks for taking the time to read this and to check out my blog, if you have any questions or just want to chat, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email.

Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I read every comment I receive and will respond to any questions as soon as I can :)